Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ringing in the new year...almost 30 and still just as fabulous!

Thanks for reading...I really appreciate it. Please send the word out so my weird experiences can entertain more readers.


ok, so this story isn't as entertaining as some of my others, but on a night (hello New Years Eve) when you're feeling down about being single, feeling like the third wheel, and around lots of model-esque gals in their early 20s it's easy to think that 2010 is looking as great as 2009 ended.

first i have to set the scene for you. here i am, New Years eve, older than all the girls by at least 5 years, weighing in at least 50lbs heavier than every person in the room, the only girl wearing jeans instead of a black mini-dress, and in a room where I am the only girl under 5'7" (with the exception of me in my heels), I was hit on by the hottest guy in the group.

While he was a couple of years younger, he thought I was facinating, attractive, and charming...lol. i know those of you who are my friends would say, "why wouldn't he" but you're my friends and some days you just need an ego boost.

the night went on and the group decided to head down to the bar aross the street. here we were, he offered to put any of my drinks on his tab (score...free drinks!), but as the night went on the leggy blondes decided to focus on him and of course midnight hit, the model grabbed him for a good make out. at 12:15am he told me I was confusing him because I was so intriguing and then he attempted a make out. now, while I appreciate the compliments, I'm going to pass on a a drunken smoker who claims that he's been on a boat so he's confused about women in general which is why he made out with the other girl. While he may have been the hottest guy in the bar, i just haven't reached that level of desparation.

I may not have the age, the height, or the model looks, but age does bring wisdom and this gal doesn't do sloppy seconds. Any way, when all is said and done, I was still hit on by the hottest guy in the group ;)

I have a coffee date tomorrow, so I'm sure there will be more to tell!

4 comments:

  1. Modelesque girls on the island? Really? :) Thanks for sending the e-mail reminder. I always forget.

    I still don't get the boat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still just as fabulous & don't you forget it! ;-) Oh & too skinny is really gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no this girl looked like a model, trust me...darn 22 year olds! as for the boat thing, he's an aggie alum but apparently does some off shore stuff from time to time. i have no idea, not like it matters...lol

    melanie, you are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Score Free Drinks" ... Cool .. Z... That's what I'm talking about ... oh and the guy is not worth it ... forget the sloppy seconds... If he was into you .. you would be the center of the world for him .. Good one .. Z .. keep 'em coming .. I'm all ears .. SMILE!!!

    ReplyDelete