Tuesday, January 19, 2010

single girl rants

This is TOTALLY me ranting out some of my frustrations, please feel free to disregard and move on or add you own rants...

1. Catholic Young Adults is not a singles group. I hate going to really ANY Young Adult night only to find out that it’s a bunch of single women and two single guys hoping to find someone. I just want to go to a gathering where I’m with people my own age.

Hey, I am ALL about trying new things and putting yourself out there, but try to avoid going to something with the intention of meeting the one. Be open minded and always look your best, but choose to enjoy the experience rather than finding the most attractive person

2. The stupid statistics are all a bunch of crap! I don’t care if waiting until I’m older for marriage will make my marriage stronger. I don’t care that your site has had a __% success rate, and I really could care less that this product or look is going to make me more attractive and more likely to lure someone of the opposite gender.

Your statistics are crap when it comes to those who got married young and are still married, are crap when there are 60-somethings who have been married multiple times, are crap when these bottled pheromones are attracting mosquitoes instead of men, and are total crap when I’ve been on plenty of sites without meeting “the one”


3. Being out with a group of friends, especially on New Years, does not guarantee that I’m going to feel “less single.” Not being single makes you feel less single.

In the mean time, screw it…just go out and have fun doing what ever makes you happy!

2 comments:

  1. Keep them coming Z .. I totally agree with you .. Happiness and truth in your words to your self... Amen ...

    SMILE!! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahahaha!
    You're the coolest single girl I know. I mean, do we really have to be defined by whether we are with someone or if we're not? I think not. And I most definitely would prefer not to be. You're probably thinking I'm just saying that 'cause I'm not this single that you say I am, but trust, it's just as much work the other way around.

    ReplyDelete