Thursday, February 25, 2010

the Groundhogs day of dating...

Ok, so I went out with one of the southerners. First I need to learn better than to be so kind to guys.
Any way...we decided to go out on Monday since I was going to be in Victoria for the week. I work in Houston, he lives in SW Houston and I live in Galveston.

While we should have met in the middle, he wasn't feeling well, so I made the drive to his hood (in BFE). We met for coffee and had a decent time. Two beverages and four hours later we parted ways with plans for dinner on Sunday.
Tuesday we chatted ALL day long about nothing really. Now, towards the end of the day I could tell he was in a weird place. Maybe he's not completely over his ex, I don't know.

Wednesday he was super quiet. We chatted for 2 minutes...he said he was sick and going through "things" Of course I thought "oh great, here we go again..."

Sure enough its Thursday and nada! To make it better he unfriended me on Facebook. I'm understanding how women get jaded or give up. With all these fruits and nuts I would compare my dating life to a fruit cake!

I decided to text him (since I'm in meetings all day) and say that I was going to stop bugging him, let him deal with his stuff, and I'm giving him his space to "deal with his issues."

Of course its 6hrs later and still no response. So much for his claim of being honest and upfront with people. Oh well, at least there's a good weekend in Corpus to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT he hell?! Unfriended you? Ugh. Where did you find this winner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say it is better to know now, than later. Else you'd be going through the rough time that I am going through with my ex. Guys that can't get over the past need to be left alone. AND definitely need to leave other people alone. Hope you have a great weekend in Corpus!

    ReplyDelete