Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Southern Hospitality

So, I have met...well, virtually met, two really sweet guys. I have a date with them in the next week, but I digress. So, there are two guys who are from different areas and are different ages, but both want the same things out of life.


These two southern gentlemen want to own a home in the country (far away from the city), with 1-4 kids, and a wife that stays at home. It’s bizarre to have very similar conversations about marriage and the future with people you don't really know and who don't know each other.

From a sociological perspective, it's actually pretty funny to see how much a thought or an ideal is the dominant thought in a particular area. These, super sweet, great guys, couldn't be more southern if they tried.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about living in a small town to raise my kids in, but as a single gal, I'm not jumping to the burbs or the country tomorrow. I love spending some time in the country, but my time in Venus, TX taught me that I need to be a little closer to city life, to large amounts of diversity, and to all the energy that a city can bring.

One is probably not going to work, but the other seems to have some serious potential. Either way, can’t wait to hang out with them in person...

Until the next time!

2 comments: