Monday, September 21, 2009

Rico Suave

So I had a mini-stalker on match. He had been asking me out and I had been avoiding him for months...finally, after e-mails and feeling bad I finally say, "OKAY, I'LL GO OUT WITH YOU." Okay, you got me...I didn't scream at him, but my inner self sure did. So I agreed to meet up with him at one of my favorite bars (free drinks, why not?!)

Here's how the date went. I walked up and noticed he was talking to a girl. I'm thinking, maybe he brought a friend and we were looking at a friend thing. She walked off as soon as I got there and then he said she was a weird-o that wouldn't leave him alone (birds of a feather).
We go to the bar and grab a few beers. Ok, it's already a bad sign when you are chattier with the bartender than your own date. Any way, I digress...

We went out...conversation was ok, not spectacular, but ok. Then, when I finished my drink, the waitress asked if we wanted another round. He was polite; HOWERVER, when I couldn't remember my drink, he said, you need to just drink what I'm drinking. I resisited, he insisted...not going so great.

Then, I knew it was going down hill when a group of middle-aged beer bellied men arrived to do a beer tasting and, sadly, this group was more interesting to watch than the conversation. I'm a chatty girl and there were very significant lulls in the conversation. Ok, time goes on like this, I keep drinking, and then decided I need to go.

Well, he decides to walk me to my car (great). We're there, he leans in for the kiss.
1. the kiss was a TOTAL surprise.
2. he SLOBBERED ON MY FACE!!!!!

YES, I had to wipe around my mouth to get the slobber off. THEN, he went in for a second kiss. that time I managed to escape the slobber.

Well, my drive home was followed by a phone call. The week since the date included dodging like 3 dates, rescheduling, and he is STILL insisting on going out. Hopefully he's finally gotten the hint, but, if not and I go out again, I'll have to make sure to bring napkins because I'm sure I'll be in store for another slobber-filled kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment