Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You have to have a sense of humor in life...

So I was out with two friends, it was Friday night, technically Saturday morning and we decided to grab some pizza after a fantastic show at the House of Blues. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) the night turned out to be one that advocated for sobriety.


No seriously, I think we met all the drunken fools out in Galveston that night. Let me share our experiences with you.

Guy #1
Leaning on the bar, we walk up to order pizza. He turns around, looks at us and says, “You ladies are cute! Let me buy you shots…I think we need to all take shots.” Now, while any single gal should be flattered that this bachelor thought all of us were equally cute and deserving of a free shot, this was not just any bachelor. Oh no, we was drunk, slurring, and I noticed that he had been talking to a lady friend when we walked in (good ol’ hawk eyes at the bar).
Me being the sarcastic one that I am was of coursed pegged as the ball buster. Hey buddy, you were looking at a bracelet to ask “What’s that.” How else do you want me to react when you’re pointing to a bracelet?! Oh well, we ordered our pizzas, begrudgingly accepted a free beer, and moved as far away as possible. Personally, it was funny to watch how quickly his lady friend forgot about the starring down my friend and went back to what turned into a snog-fest at the bar. Oh well…it was officially time to wait on pizza

Guy #2
We were in the midst of laughing about Guy #1 and eating pizza that we unintentionally let our guard down. This was of course our first mistake.
This was more of a group of guys who had been drinking for about 4-5 hours. The one who really decided to focus his attentions on me started with a creative line of something that I believe was “Let me buy you ladies a shot” (Oy ve, what is with these shots?!).
As he proceeded to discuss what was in the shot (which took at least 15 minutes because he couldn’t remember the complicated recipe of Malibu, pineapple juice, and Peach Schnapps).

Meanwhile, I’m practically leaning out of my chair while trying to persuade this young bachelor that pizza or water may be a better choice at this point. As we finished our pizza, I went to pay the bill. Of course, my suitor decided to court me at the bar. No, it wasn’t in the way of more free drinks. Instead, he decided to grind on the side of my thigh. As much as I love no-rhythm white boys between the drunkenness and his package on the side of my legs, I didn’t know what to do. I mean, my gut would be to knee him, but I couldn’t stop laughing at how pathetic and ridiculous this all was getting.
Fortunately, the bartender, a.k.a. my savior, kicked him and his buddies out. And, even better, one friend was stone cold sober because he had just gotten his truck out of the shop from a previous “incident”

Guy #3
Oh well, the night was young, so why not hit up some of the Galveston staples. On to Tsunami/Yaga’s…good old faithful. Well, it seemed the theme of drunkenness was not over. In the mean time, this blog is getting a little long, so, stay tuned…

To Be Continued…

2 comments:

  1. EWWW! Seriously?!?! Man, no more pizza at that joint! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god! Why did everyone go out this weekend except for me?! Tomorrow night/tonight is my night!

    Also those are the kinds of things that happen when you're big pimpin'.

    ReplyDelete