Friday, March 12, 2010

having a sense of humor Part deux

Sorry the next entry took a little while, but that’s what happens when we get busy! 


So, we were at Yaga’s minding our own business, when we noticed a trio that looked like they came straight off the set of Jersey shore. Mind you, that I’m in Galveston, not anywhere near Jersey.

Of course, it was hard not to have a giggle when you saw them and instantly think of the Jersey shore and the greatest dance move of this generation, Fist Pumping. Of course we were quickly busted when one of us made the fist pumping movement.

Drunk 1: Were you making fun of us?

B: Um…no, we were talking about the Jersey shore is all…

Drunk 1: You were totally making fun of my friends, it’s ok, I make fun of them too. I’m the token Mexican who hangs with them…did you know my mom is really Italian, so I’m part Italian. (meanwhile I’m thinking, my poor poor friend).

Those two go one chatting for a while, Drunk 2 leaves to get more booze and to find a poofy-haired, tight skirt wearing lady of his own. Drunk 3 was actually fairly sober and looking around to find a more interesting conversation while monitoring Drunk 1.

Things got interesting as Drunk 1 asked to borrow a pair of glasses so he could read his text messages. Who knew that someone else’s glasses could help you read your text messages?! Of course that led to more laughter, me making fun of him, and all three ladies shaking our head at how sad and funny this situation was.

Drunk 1 decided to catch our names since he had been so enamored by B (sorry, lady, you know he was SO into you…that’s why he asked where your husband was…hahahaha). Any way, I digress…he introduced himself to us, but I of course had to provoke him.

See, what I forgot to tell you is that not only is he a B.O.I. (that’s island speak for a true Galvestonian, Born on the Island), but we went to school together for a few years. Yes, for some reason, I am that person that people see and then, even when we rode home from school together, they proceed to ask if we’ve ever met. I was a little shyer in high school, but I still look more or less the same. I never buy that excuse...even if it was true, play it off people!

Any way, Drunk 1 was not happy when I started telling him quite a few things about himself that I knew, Drunk 2 was MIA, and Drunk 3 was really trying to see if/how he remembered me. Oh well, Drunk 1 went downhill very quickly; his friends took care of him.

We left Yaga’s, I opted for a famous Hot Dog lady which is where I met Frank. As I was chatting with the Hot Dog lady, I told her that we managed to meet most of the Galveston drunks, which is when Frank said, “Hi, I’m Frank, now you’ve met all the drunks in Galveston.”

Needless to say, the night ended with quite a few laughs!
I always love going out with the ladies, good friends, good music, and good pizza is always the start to a FANTASTIC night! :)

1 comment: