Friday, July 23, 2010

patty stanger and her obsession with straight hair

i love her bluntness and don't question her successes as a matchmaker but her advice is a little jacked up! Some of the things in her book are that you have to lose 20lbs, get shape wear, and only wear straight hair to attract a mate.

Now, i'm not saying that I can't afford to be in better shape, but the one that was the strangest is the straight hair. She talks about the need for straight hair in her book, in her show, and when she's giving advice to women about finding a mate. Maybe it's because I'm a southerner, but I just don't get it...I'm a fan of wavy and curly hair. To be quite honest, I get so much more attention when I curl my hair than when it's stick straight.

Is my reason for singledom because I refuse to wake up and straighten my hair? Why do I get more attention when my hair is wavy or curly? Personally,  think it's because I feel good with curly hair...straight hair makes me feel too upity (although it is nice on some days).

Let's face it, at the end of the day, that's what it comes down to. You have to be comfortable with who you are to attract someone. I mean, who wants to hang out with someone who's uncomfortable about who he or she is?

Anyway, maybe Patty Stanger will find me a mate...in the mean time, I'll keep going with what makes me feel good about myself. Personally, when I'm having a crappy day, I love dressing my best...nothing feels better than getting dressed.

So go get yourself a new accessory, a new shade of lipstick, or put on your favorite outfit and be happy to know that you are fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment