Tuesday, November 10, 2009

virtual rejection sucks...

Ok, this is an old though (i'm behind on my blogging), but I'll update you just the same. I went out with a guy a few weeks ago, date was ok, we talked a bit, but after getting to know him better, I wasn't sure if the chemistry was there.
On top of that, he started sending weird texts, didn't answer his phone but would call back, had lots of odd excues, etc. (things that are probably code for girlfriend).

He is a nice person, but, to be quite honest, he wants a hook up situation and I'm just not into that. I don't care if that's you're thing...more power to you, it's just not my thing.
After a few exchanges the situation went like this

him: "you're a very uptight person"
me: "really?"
him: "yes, I don't think you know how to have fun" (yes, take the code for have fun in guy terms)
me: "um...so I'm guessing that we won't be hanging out again?"
him: "yes, have a nice life" (a tone that came out of no where)
me: "that's fine, i think we have different views of what makes a relationship. good luck"
him: "GOOD BYE"

I'm a resilient girl, but my streaks of things not working out made this one a little hard to swallow. Now, I really wasn't into him, so that's not the issue.  Honestly, why go for someone that makes you feel any less awesome than you are or put up with someone you aren't even into? I will say that there's something about virtual rejections that make it a little harder to deal with rather than your traditional face to face, "this isn't working out speech."

Online has developed an outlet for people to be quite bold with "requests" (you want me to what?!), to be more upfront about their feelings, and to recreate the person hiding behind a keyboard. For better or worse, it's interesting to see how technology has affected how we communicate.

1 comment:

  1. Online dating too, Z? I've done it, and had some interesting experiences and as it's been said .. from friends ... if it were meant to be .. then it would happen.. I don't agree. .. I'm more on the "you make your own destiny" track .. if you ask me ..

    ReplyDelete