Friday, November 5, 2010

Linebacker Part uno

So I started dating a really nice guy who we are calling the linebacker because the dude is huge. He was a really nice guy, but I have to say, while I don’t need a lot of time, I do ask for some time in my relationship. It started off with lots of texts, chats, and hang outs. Then it went to being like pulling teeth just to get him to hang out.
I know what you’re thinking, just let it go? So I tried, I told him that if he wasn’t feeling this, it’s fine, just be honest and we’ll cut our ties while we’re ahead. Of course he was like, “no babe, I’m busy, you don’t understand, etc.” I’m not questioning his schedule, but if experience has taught me anything it’s that a guy who’s interested always makes time.
So I backed off and he went on vacation. Then, he got back from vacation and it was like a new person. I’m thinking…wow, he must have missed me! He was calling, he added me to his BBM list (which he hadn’t done the previous month or so), we went out several times a week. He started making plans for the next few months, he teased me for not having a fur hooded jacket (gross), and told me that I was missing out on all these New York experiences. Then, around my birthday, he suggested taking me out to a really nice dinner for my birthday (his suggestion, NOT mine). We were making progress for a few weeks, so I’m thinking wow; he should go on vacation more often.

Stay tuned for the next installment

1 comment: