Friday, November 5, 2010

linebacker part deux

Of course he slowly started backing up again. I’m starting to wonder what’s going on. I mean, I’m playing by the rules; I’m giving him space when he needs it, not being clingy, but he starts getting weird again. Then, I saw him the Wednesday before my birthday and all he could talk about were the big plans he had for us. Then Friday it went from nice restaurant (you know, the kind you have to wear a suit in) to some place that was a nice sit down. On Sunday morning (we were supposed to do dinner that night) it became, a text of “FML, I have to work, can’t do dinner”
In all honesty, I had a feeling this might happen given his track record and the distance he had been giving me. So I said ok, told him I was bummed, but said that we should try for something the coming week. He said that tomorrow was my birthday, he’s off, and we might be able to do something then. Now, I’m not one to put pressure on anyone, so we left it at that.
The guy knew Monday was my birthday, so I decided not to text back (I hate the “game” btw). Then Monday night, after a few birthday drinks and not hearing from him all day I decided to BBM him with a sarcastic “thanks for the birthday wishes”
Of course this never goes well. To make an already long story short, the last few lines went like this:
Me: I just don’t know why you’re acting so weird lately; it doesn’t take that long to send a text
Him: I’m just busy
Me: You know, the last time I knew a guy who was acting so weird I found out he had a girlfriend
Him: Ha! A girlfriend, yeah right
Me: Then clearly you’re just too busy, why don’t you text me when you have time
Him: It’s like Burger King, have it your way TTYL (he really did mention BK)

I'm thinking, did he SERIOUSLY JUST quote a burgerking commercial and i can't even bother to deal.

The next morning this fool deleted me out of his BBM contacts. When I ask him, so that's it, you're through? His response is no bebe, i'm not through with you...accusing me of having a girlfriend

Seriously?! I just can't deal. needless to say that one didn't go far.

2 comments:

  1. Grrrr he totally tried to do the switcharoo and blame you for "accusing" him of having a gf! What the heck? That was back in August! Then what, then what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we talking about the linebacker? You know I get confused. Dude, what kind of accent is that..."bebe"?

    ReplyDelete